For individuals wishing to develop their expertise in spirits and liqueurs, you’ll learn about the fundamental production methods and principal raw materials discovering how they are used to make the key spirit styles. You’ll also explore the key practices and principles of serving spirits and the use of spirits in cocktails. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wine
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust is the world’s leading provider of courses in the area of wines and spirits. Their course programmes are specially designed for anyone who would like to extend or broaden their knowledge of wines and spirits, from beginners to professionals.
WSET courses are available in 19 languages and are provided by a network of more than 600 course providers in over 60 countries.
WSET Level 3 in Wine is the third step on a 4 level knowledge ladder.
How it's done
A 9-week online programme with a recommended 10 hours study per week. A 1 day tasting tutorial. The course follows a weekly structure, but iallows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. No set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars. Regular participation in the online activities is essential for this mode of study. The course prepares the student for our qualification and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time should they have any questions. Students are advised to taste a range of wines during their studies. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found in the specification.
- Factors Affecting Style, Quality and Price of Wine
- Learn about the principal natural and human factors in the vineyard and winery and how they influence the style, quality and price of wine.
- Tasting technique, Wine Laws and Service
- Learn to taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- Learn about the fundamental rules of wine labelling.
- Learn about the principals of food and wine pairing, storage and service of wine.
- Factors Affecting the Wine, Style and Quality of Wines from Europe
- Learn about the natural and human factors in the vineyard and winery and how they influence the wine, style and quality in the key wine regions and districts of Europe.
- Factors Affecting the Wine, Style and Quality of Wines from the Rest of the World
- Learn about the natural and human factors in the vineyard and winery and how they influence the wine, style and quality in the key wine regions of the rest of the world
- Learn about the key regional grape variety specialities of the rest of the world.
- Sparkling and Fortified Wines
- Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries.
- Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of fortified wines from the key wine producing countries.
- Revision & Resources
- Revision exercises and a mock multiple-choice examination in preparation for the examinations.
- Kompletterande live-Q&A på svenska
- Examination date provided when the student books the course.
- 30 minutes tasting exam of two wines.
- 2 hours theory exam consisting of 50 multiple choice questions and four short written questions.
- Takes place after advertised finish date of the course at a venue in Malmö.